Welcome to North Star Academy!
At North Star Academy, we inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals, and make positive contributions to the world. We provide an alternative approach to learning with two different programs - online and in-person project based learning.
At North Star Academy, students can:
- Take one class at time so they can focus
- Learn when they want and where they want, even on weekends and holidays
- Accelerate graduation or catch up on credits easily
- Meet face to face with experienced teachers who hold certifications in the curriculum delivered as needed within normal business hours
- Connect with school staff onsite for extra content help or college and career planning
Our teachers are all highly-experienced educators who are advocates for students. They are flexible and open-minded and recognize every student can learn and every student is deserving of a quality education. The environment at North Star Academy is student focused and the friendly, productive atmosphere is grounded in mutual respect.
North Star Academy may be an ideal place for students who are not thriving in the traditional school setting. Furthermore, students who want to accelerate credits or may lack credits can find a home at North Star Academy. Students at North Star Academy can earn up to 8 credits (sometimes more if they are motivated) in a regular school year. Most traditional schools are limited to offering 6-7 credits a year.